Brother Ron Barnes
Founder and Pastor
Statement of Faith
About Brother Ron
Ask Brother Ron
Brother Ron answers your questions about religion, spirituality and ministry
A ministry to ministries. We want to help you become a more effective servant of our Father and your community.
Equipping people to be positive, productive members of the community.
Prayers and prayer resources for Baha'i, Buddhists, Christians, Hindus, Jews, Muslims, Native Americans, New Age, Pagans and other faiths.
Please submit your Personal Prayer
Resources to expand your knowledge and understanding of the world's major religions
Ron's original gospel songs and links to Christian music web sites.
Where to find help for medical problems, abuse, finances and other issues.
How to identify the right career, locate potential employers and get the job you want.
for visiting our ministry!
May the Lord continue to bless and preserve you.
A New Christian's Questions
Dear Brother Ron
quite a few questions (I'm a new Christian, by the way :) )
1) I always had this picture of God as someone who punishes harshly and doesn't forgive if you keep on asking for forgiveness, and if you do something wrong or fail to do something something bad will happen to you...but I know he is a loving God....can anyone tell me more about Him and how He is like?
2) I told God yesterday night I would finish watching this movie: The Life and Times of Jesus Christ, today. But if I don't finish it today because of 1, lack of time 2, (i feel really guilty about this) at times I'm not interested (I know nothing is more important than God and Jesus and I feel really guilty...).....what will happen to me?
3) I pray every night as a routine and even if I don't have much to say I still have to pray. So is prayer and worship supposed to be a routine and if you break it you will be punished? Like is obeying God supposed to be routine? I want to please Him but sometimes I am quite confused.... :(
4) I always have a lot of temptations and I find it hard to control them so will God forgive me if I keep sinning (I'm just a really weak-minded and I lack self control.....) but praying for forgiveness and repenting I try to be as good as I can
5) Some of my family aren't Christians and I am really afraid for them because they are not saved yet and might end up in Hell and I'm really afraid for them I keep on praying that they will find a way to love God as I love him.... :( What can I do? I'm scared for my Atheist family members and my friends.....
6) Sometimes I feel like God has withdrawn from my life and I do not feel the same love and light as I do most of the time....at those times I feel lonely and afraid...Christians do you know this feeling and do you know any more about this?
7) As Christians what are the major things we can and cannot do?
8) Sometimes I feel guilty when I am not interested in things I should be interested in (like reading the Bible, praying, watching movies about God and Jesus (good movies), reading about God......sometimes I do, sometimes I don't feel interested and it makes me feel really guilty so what can I do?
9) I'm confused because sometimes it seems like I am Christian only because of my selfish desires and for my OWN good, but I know that everything is for God and his Glory how can I stop thinking that everything is "me, me, me?"
Thank you very very much
Dear Deep Thought